This project is read-only.

Request a Feature

Mar 11, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Are you missing a feature in WPF Inspector? Just write your ideas here, and I try to integrate it in the next release.

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Edited Mar 15, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Excellent tool. It would definitely be useful to be able to see a corresponding Automation Tree for the WPF elements.

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Just installed it. Looks great. Good job.

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:04 PM

The problem: I normally use WPF inspector to debug a running process. It requires me to start WPF inspector, and select the process to attach too. When I end my app, WPF Inspector exits too. This is quite cumbersome.

Feature request: Would it be possible to automatically start WPF Inspector after my debug session was launched. Or, perhaps even easier, don't exit WPF Inspector when the attached application ends, but automatically re-attach when the process is relaunched. 

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM

The problem: When debugging an app, after a first debug session, I already know where the problem is. I normally fix something, and try to see if the problem has gone away. This often doesn't happen, so I need to find the troublesome location again. Sometimes, this is as easy as selecting the item again, but sometimes, it isn't (for example, when debugging a MS Surface application, the hover option doesn't work, so I need to manually browse through the visual tree).

Feature request: allow me to bookmark a view, or else to search the visual tree (e.g. for MainView).

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Another suggestion: currently, we can filter properties using a textbox. Sometimes, however, I'm interested in a few properties that require me to enter several keywords or see everything at once.

Feature request: use pins to pin multiple properties (e.g. a pin next to the breakpoint), and an option to clear them all.

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM

When navigating the visual tree with the keyboard, I noticed that the arrow keys don't work as (I) expected. The left/right arrows don't do anything.

Feature request: implement the default arrow navigation behaviour, e.g. when I press left, I either navigate to the next child, or expand the current element. In addition, although less useful, + and - would allow me to expand/collapse everything at once.

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Major feature request:  WIFF - Where Is the Fascinating Focus.

Sometimes keyboard focus goes who-knows-where, and knowing where focus landed may help when pondering why it landed there.  UISpy in "follow focus" mode is helpful to a point, but it is dependent on the AP tree rather than the visual tree.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • Search visual tree for controls
  • Pin properties at the top for I am currently inspecting, and clear, as erikvullings suggests
  • Save screenshot! Allow the people who are writing documentation to use WPF Inspector to find the right control, and save a screenshot of the control only. Would make saving symbols much easier (same size, background, no noise)